Summer Salmon Salad with Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette
I love making refreshing salads in the summer! I often take whatever I have in my fridge and put it together with a delicious dressing for a quick meal. This one takes a little more planning, but it's worth it, trust me. It's grain-free and packed full of fresh vegetables, protein and healthy fats.
Serves 2. For more servings, you can double the recipe (the dressing will make extra, so you don't need to double it).
- Salmon (about 4 oz per person)
- Pesto (see my pesto recipe)
- Sea Salt
- Greens (I used arugula and spinach)
- Asparagus (8-9) or green beans
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion or 2 shallots, sliced
- Black olives
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small jar and shake to mix well (or in a bowl and whisk together).
- To make sweet potatoes, cut sweet potatoes in small cubes (crouton size). Steam to soften then cook them in a pan over medium heat with ghee, salt and pepper. Cook until brown on all sides.
- Blanch or steam asparagus or beans.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. Melt ghee in a pan and then cook salmon over medium-high heat, browning both sides. If you have thick pieces of salmon, you may have to cover your pan until the fish is cooked through.
- To make salad, combine greens, tomato, black olives, capers. Top with asparagus, salmon and sweet potatoes. Add your dressing and serve!