Super Simple Granola
This granola recipe couldn't get any easier to make. It is free of refined sugar and has lots of nuts and seeds to get that plant-based protein and healthy fat into your diet. You can eat it on its' own or as a topping for your yogurt or smoothies.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw, unpasteurized honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine rolled oats, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and vanilla bean powder.
- Add melted coconut oil and honey. Mix until dry ingredients are coated with oil and honey.
- Place a parchment paper on a baking sheet and spread granola out onto the paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes then give it a stir and bake for another 5-10 minutes (be careful not to overcook).
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before eating.
To make a parfait, layer your favourite unsweetened yogurt or kefir, berry chia jam and this granola!
Shopping tip: Buying and storing nuts in their shells helps to keep them fresh.